Arya left for the surgical ward around 8am this morning. This was a total relief to his mom who was worrying that he would endure yet another delay in the plan to see her child in a state of recovery and renewed health. The problem began late last night when the medical staff alerted the doctors that Arya was running a high temperature. The response of the doctors was to stall the plans for his surgery until this morning, placing him on a ‘watch list’ to see if the fever came down sufficiently to prevent any risk during his operation.
We are happy to report that he was given approval and off to the operating room he went… The surgery was lengthy as expected and he was transported to ICU late this afternoon. During our visit, we observed that Arya was demonstrating a convulsion-like body tremor and I headed for the nurses’ station to find out what was happening. Apparently his blood pressure keeps elevating and peaks and then falls very low. He has been sedated to force him to rest and is not considered stable at this time. The surgery went very well, so the staff are confident that his condition will improve by morning.