Founded in 2008, Preemptive Love Coalition exists to go where no one else will go, to love the people no one else will love; to begin the end of violence; to bring about the more beautiful world our hearts know is possible.
We do this by providing emergency relief and investing in long-term economic development for communities caught in conflict. We pursue peace and reconciliation around the world, on the frontlines right where we live, through local, chapter-based giving communities.
The Community Engagement Coordinator plays a crucial role in maintaining the Preemptive Love Coalition community through volunteers, community relations, and fundraisers.
Location: Nashville, TN
Manager: Community and Donor Engagement Manager
Hours : Full-Time
- Manage, recruit, and train volunteers
- Define and promote volunteer roles, refine and innovate roles as needed
- Coordinate volunteer activities in conjunction with larger needs of PLC
- Create an atmosphere for volunteers to engage and interact with one another, their communities, and Preemptive Love Coalition staff
- Recruit and manage personal Preemptive Love Coalition fundraisers.
- Respond to donor inquiries via general email and main phone line
- Provide support to the Community and Donor Engagement team by assisting with creation of documents, plans, reports and research as requested by Community and Donor Engagement Manager
- Gather donor and volunteer stories to contribute blog content
- Travel as needed, less than 25%
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Business, Marketing or related field or proven work experience.
- Proven skills and experience in volunteer coordination/management, donor relations, and customer service.
- Interest and desire to learn how to become an impactful development professional
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Detail oriented, process oriented
- Proficient in the use of Google Suite programs and ability to use various databases such as SalesForce
- Proven track record of working with little oversight and high output, is self motivated, and able to maintain a positive attitude
- Ability to prioritize, multitask, and follow through
- Able to maintain confidentiality