Preemptive Love Coalition is a global peacemaking movement working to heal hearts across enemy lines. We do this primarily by working in polarizing conflict-zones. In Iraq and Syria, our portfolio of services include emergency aid and relief to families persecuted by terrorism and violence and micro-economic development programs that empower women and men to provide for their own families.
The Executive Assistant plays a critical role at Preemptive Love Coalition by proactively managing and coordinating the Chief Executive Officer’s calendar, travel, emails, and deadlines. This role is critical in supporting the CEO by proactively working to increase efficiencies and focus their time on the decisions and functions that only they can fulfill. The best person for this role is a problem-solver who is decisive and detail-oriented, can anticipate needs, and has bias for action.
Hours: Open to Part-time and Full-time Applicants
Location: Mobile / Negotiable
Manager: CEO, Preemptive Love Coalition
- Manages executive’s appointment schedule by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel arrangements.
- Creates notes
- Books travel
- Proactively identifies ways to maximize meetings within and across multiple cities
- Quickly responds to questions and/or travel issues, as they arise
- Monitors and problem solves travel plans, gets ahead of delays and cancellations (flights, meetings, etc.)
- Helps maximize executive’s time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating telecommunications.
- Produces information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics.
- Provides historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and recording meeting discussions.
- Previous experience as an administrative, personal, or executive assistant
- International travel-booking experience & international travel experience, preferably in the MENA region
- Associate or Bachelor’s Degree
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to be precise via text messaging
- Asks great questions and seeks to thoroughly understand needs and context
- Bias for action, takes initiative
- Strong problem solver who is able to anticipate needs and manage them
- Results oriented
- Flexible schedule
- Team player with the ability to work remotely and independently
- Ability to “manage up”
Key Tasks Include:
- Forecast upcoming needs related to meetings, reports, speeches, and travel
- Coordinating Video and Audio Conference Calls
- Calendar Management
- Proactively notifying stakeholders and changing, as necessary, meetings when travel changes, etc
- Travel Arrangements
- Organizing Meetings & Events
- Preparing Reports & Processing Expense Reports
- Taking Meeting Minutes
- Hospitality and Relational Support with Key Donors
- Representing the Exec Office and the Organization in Written/Verbal Communications