Preemptive Love Coalition is a global peacemaking movement working to heal hearts across enemy lines. We do this primarily by working in polarizing conflict zones, providing emergency aid to families persecuted by terrorism and violence, lifesaving medical care, and economic opportunities for displaced families.
The Front-end Engineer is responsible for working with our Digital Studio Team Lead to code and integrate the design / layout of all web-based products, including but not limited to preemptivelove.org and preemptive love shop, including site development, maintenance and ongoing optimization.
Hours: Full Time
Location: US (Remote)
Manager: Digital Studio Team Lead, USA
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs.
- Write well designed, efficient code by using standardized, best software development practices.
- Create website layout/user interface by using excellent modern practices.
- Integrate data from various back-end services when necessary.
- Create and maintain software documentation.
- Stay up to date with emerging technologies and industry trends and apply them into codebases.
- Cooperate with designers to match visual design intent with user experience across all devices.
- Working in the spirit of the Preemptive Love Coalition team, strive to reach new heights of creativity and innovation within and without our status as a non-profit organization.
- Any other tasks provided by Digital Studio Team Lead in service of Preemptive Love.
*Please note: Only applicants that have React and WordPress experience will be considered*
- Adequate knowledge of Sage by Roots, Liquid, Webpack, command line tools, relational database systems, both functional and object oriented programming, front-end development security.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and design; a natural eye for design patterns, balance, and color.
- Aggressive problem / troubleshooting diagnostic skill and creative problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and team budgets with business acumen.
- Ability to collaborate effectively and work as part of a team. Willing to listen and debate respectfully.
- Proven track record working with little oversight, is self-motivated, proactively communicates, is flexible and maintains a positive attitude.
- Can adhere to all the above in a remote work environment.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.