Preemptive Love Coalition is a global peacemaking movement working to heal hearts across enemy lines. We do this primarily by working in polarizing conflict-zones, providing emergency aid to families persecuted by terrorism and violence, lifesaving medical care, and economic opportunities for displaced families.
The Gifts Officer role will be home-based, with some local travel, playing a critical part in donor cultivation, solicitation and moves management. The role is responsible for securing funds for Preemptive Love by managing a group of assigned donors, ensuring retention of existing donors, upgrading their financial commitment, prospecting and qualifying new donors.
Preemptive Love Coalition is seeking individuals with the ability to build upon the strong relationships already established with constituents in the US and to maximize fundraising opportunities.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Must be a highly energetic professional with a track record of building donor relationships.
- A minimum of one-year successful experience in a development-related job including events planning, preferably in a nonprofit/international development setting.
- Demonstrated leadership and the ability to successfully manage multiple or diverse areas.
- Experience working with SalesForce and/or other donor/sales databases.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Must be able to travel up to 25%, often with short notice.
- *Please provide a cover letter with your resume
- Serve as a gifts officer, personally managing a qualifying portfolio of up to 5000 mid to major donors and prospects.
- Manage the donor pipeline, devising and executing effective strategies to identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit and steward individuals through digital, telephone, face-to-face visits, and strategic fundraising events.
- Stewardship care for one-time donations $500 – $2500
- 25% Donor care; Drift, phone, cases, working closely with and reporting to Digital Campaign Director for this role.
- Work with the development, programs, and communications departments to gather appropriate project information including budgets. Create offers, proposals and asks that will be used with households in the caseload to secure gifts. Facilitate impact reporting for individual gifts.
- Manage and record strategies and “moves” with donors and prospects using the Salesforce database; prepare regular reports using database figures and statistics.
- Will perform other donor activities as required.
- Recommend and assist with donor and prospect visits involving the CEO, VP for USA, VP for International Programs and Director of Development.