Preemptive Love Coalition is a global peacemaking movement working to heal hearts across enemy lines. We do this primarily by working in polarizing conflict-zones. In Iraq and Syria, our portfolio of services include emergency aid and relief to families persecuted by terrorism and violence and micro-economic development programs that empower women and men to provide for their own families.
The Iraq Deputy Country Director plays a critical role at Preemptive Love Coalition by coordinating and communicating (both internally and externally) the Iraq office operations and by building and managing key partnerships and relationships in Iraq. This role will report to the Iraq Country Director.
Hours: Full-time* (see below)
Location: Sulaymaniyah, Iraq
Manager: Iraq Country Director
Contract Duration: 6 Months
Other Benefits: Housing in PLC-designated apartment
- Assists in coordinating staffing needs and ensuring compliance with local laws and statutes
- Ensures Iraq-team-wide compliance with relevant organization logistics procedures and effective operations on-the-ground
- Leads and maintains PLC registration processes for Iraq and KRG
- Centralizes and disseminates information from/to the office to all Iraq Office staff.
- Compiles and distributes weekly update on all Iraq Office activities.
- Participates in programmatic strategy development and proposes new ideas to meet needs identified in coordination with program officers on the ground.
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Visit program sites around Iraq to monitor programming and support field based staff.
- Speak with beneficiaries to ascertain benefits of the program.
- Monthly audits of main office account
- Pays salaries monthly
- Intakes local cash transfers and monitors cash outputs
- Maintains in-country cash balances necessary for projected budget and needs
- Ensures cash transfers from USA are done ahead of time to prevent any short falls
- Signs off on accounting audits and expenses
- Ensures payments of local bills including rents and utilities
- Local HR representative, keeping pulse on team needs and morale. Escalates concerns to Country Director and PLC HR Dept. as needed.
- Maintain office culture by leading the way of peacemaking, on the ground leadership, and mentoring staff.
- Leads weekly standup meetings with staff
- Helps implement Country Director’s vision and agenda among in-country team.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Results oriented with proven track record of detail orientation, organization, and taking initiative
- Strong team player with the ability to work independently
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Growth mindset with the ability to take on new challenges and think outside of conventional solutions to solve problems creatively
*NOTE: The “full time” designation for this role includes evenings and weekend availability, an evening staff call once a week, work on weekends that sometimes includes traveling to program sites, weekend preparations for guests or new teammates arriving, and other situations inherent to our dynamic work.