Preemptive Love Coalition is a global peacemaking movement working to heal hearts across enemy lines. We do this primarily by working in polarizing conflict zones, providing emergency aid to families persecuted by terrorism and violence, lifesaving medical care, and economic opportunities for displaced families.
The Major Gifts Officer will work remotely, with extensive regional travel, playing a critical part in donor cultivation, solicitation, and moves management. This role is responsible for securing funds for Preemptive Love Coalition by managing a group of assigned, qualified donors, ensuring retention of existing donors, upgrading their involvement, and prospecting for new donors.
Preemptive Love is seeking individuals with the ability to build upon the strong relationships already established with constituents in the US and to maximize fundraising opportunities.
We are currently searching for candidates in the following locations: New York City
Hours: Full Time
Location: US (Remote)
Manager: Director of Development, USA
- Serve as a regional major gifts officer, personally managing a portfolio of approximately 150 mid to major donors and prospects.
- Manage the donor pipeline, devising and executing effective strategies to identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit and steward individuals through both face-to-face visits and strategic fundraising events.
- Work with the development, programs and communications departments to gather appropriate project information including budgets. Create offers, proposals and asks that will be used with households in the caseload to secure gifts. Facilitate impact reporting for individual gifts.
- Manage and record strategies and “moves” with donors and prospects using the SalesForce database; prepare regular reports using database figures and statistics.
- Will perform other major donor activities as required.
- Recommend and assist with donor and prospect visits involving the CEO, VP for USA, VP for International Programs and Director of Development.
- Work closely with the Frontline Communities Director and staff to engage major gift donors and to assist with regional events as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Must be a highly energetic professional with a track record of building donor relationships.
- A minimum of three years successful experience in major gift fundraising including events planning, preferably in non-profit/international development setting.
- Demonstrated leadership and the ability to successfully manage multiple or diverse areas.
- Experience working with SalesForce and/or other donor databases.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Must be willing to travel up to 40%, often with short notice.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.