Preemptive Love Coalition is a global peacemaking movement working to end war. We do this primarily by working in polarizing conflict zones, providing emergency relief to families persecuted by terrorism and violence and jobs for displaced families.
Preemptive Love Coalition is seeking a Senior Grant Writer to join our robust & fast-moving development team. As Senior Grant Writer, you will play a critical role in PLC’s institutional fundraising & contract efforts. You will develop, diversify and execute PLC’s grants & contracts strategy and annual development plan. As a member of the development team, you will contribute to PLC’s efforts around the world as well as support the Founders and your peers by providing them with the tools to design creative partnership strategies. You will also have the opportunity to work with the Founders, senior leadership team and other development professionals in preparation for funder meetings and other fund development events and to collaborate with related staff of supporting foundations and partners.
You are prepared to research, position, write, cultivate and win grant proposals from a diverse set of donors and funders including development agencies (USAID, UNDP, UNOPS), development banks (The World Bank, Asian Development Bank, Development Finance Corporation), sovereign wealth funds, and a myriad of foundation and corporate partners. You are also excited by the challenge of securing over US$2M in grants or contracts in the first year, growing that to over US$5M per year over the first three years.
The Senior Grant Writer also holds the responsibility for working with program staff to complete all grant & contract reporting as detailed in relevant agreements or as strategically imperative. You will prepare pipeline reports and manage related entries and entities in PLC’s Salesforce CRM database. This position reports directly to the Strategic Development and Grants Officer but will be responsible for working closely with many members of the PLC team.
Hours: Full Time
Manager: Director of Development
*Must be committed to travel and reside internationally for up to 4 months annually*
- Manage current and potential list of prospective grant donors, including overseeing the updating of contact information and notes in Salesforce and management of a proposal calendar.
- Write and maintain correspondence including concept notes, proposals, reports, and introductions.
- Maintain consistent communications with all program sites regarding program updates and fund development activities.
- Produce regular progress reports on impact monitoring framework and results.
- Work onsite with Preemptive Love’s Programming team in operating locations on a regular basis
- A proven record of raising at least $2M per year in funds from institutional partners.
- Superior, professional and versatile writing, presentation, and communication skills with the ability to adapt based on the audience.
- The ability to work independently and focus on details in addition to big-picture strategies, and also to actively lead and contribute to Preemptive Love Coalition goals.
- Proficiency in English is required and one of the other official UN languages is preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.