Preemptive Love exists to end war – by using online tools for offline action to build the most diverse community of peacemakers on the planet. We are a global peacemaking movement working to heal all that’s tearing us apart. We do this primarily by working in polarizing conflict-zones. In Iraq and Syria, our portfolio of services include emergency aid and relief to families persecuted by terrorism and violence, and micro-economic development programs that empower women and men to provide for their own families.
Reporting to the Director of Digital, the Senior Software Engineer will be responsible for server-side web application logic and integration of the work that front-end web developers do. The role will primarily be responsible for writing web services and APIs used by front-end developers and mobile application developers.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will work with our team designing and developing web services, back-end data services, and REST APIs that support our ecosystem of digital assets. This includes, but is not limited to, Salesforce, WordPress, Campaign Monitor, Intacct, et al. In addition to building out services that serve existing needs, the Senior Software Engineer will also help to dream up the next generation of solutions that will help take Preemptive Love into the future (machine learning, AI implementations, etc.).
- Design and develop back-end micro services and REST APIs for connected devices, web applications, and mobile applications
- Collaborate with front-end and mobile app development teams on user-facing features and services
- Maintain existing backend services that facilitate the operations of Preemptive Love’s programming
- Work with digital team, helping to optimize our data systems and identify and remove potential performance bottlenecks
- Focus on innovating new and better ways to create solutions that add value for both the Preemptive Love administrative side well as well as end user/donors, with a penchant for simple, elegant design in every aspect from data structures to code, to UI and systems architecture.
- Stay up-to-date on relevant technologies, plug into user groups, understand trends and opportunities that ensure we are using the best techniques and tools
- Document all work performed, especially APIs that are created/integrated
- Candidate must be able to work legally in the U.S without sponsorship
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, Computer Science preferred
- Minimum 5 years software development experience and proven track record
- Salesforce experience required
- Strong grasp of SQL, ORMs, databases, data schema design concepts, etc.
- Experience working with Ruby, Ruby on Rails, Node.js, and Salesforce Apex/Java preferred
- Track record of successfully working in a highly collaborative and rapidly changing mobile environment
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Ability to effectively work remotely with minimal direct oversight
- Strong team player with the ability to work independently
- Proven ability to work in a remote environment where almost all interaction is online or over the phone
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skillsSubmit Application