Preemptive Love Coalition (PLC) is a global peacemaking movement working to heal hearts across enemy lines. We do this primarily by working in polarizing conflict zones, providing emergency aid to families persecuted by terrorism and violence, lifesaving medical care, and economic opportunities for displaced families.
The Social Media Manager is responsible for maximizing reach and engagement across all PLC social media platforms—including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and LinkedIn. PLC has experienced significant social growth in recent years; most our online engagement and fundraising are driven by social media. This person plays a vital role as an ambassador to our followers and as their advocate.
The Social Media Manager is both a highly skilled communicator and relentless innovator, with the ability to be creative and analytical. This person will have previous experience managing social media for successful brands and deep knowledge of social trends, challenges, and opportunities. Because we are a relatively small team, they need to be able to toggle between high-level strategy and hands-on content creation.
Location: Mobile/Home work environment – US based
Manager: Communications Director
- Create, schedule, and analyze posts on PLC social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and LinkedIn.
- Write (or edit) copy for all social media posts, ensuring that each one adheres to PLC’s brand voice and is written to achieve the highest possible organic engagement.
- Schedule posts on PLC’s content calendar.
- Optimize video content for each social media platform as needed, including IGTV.
- Ensure that each post is published correctly—free of typos, links working, images displaying properly, etc.
- Collaborate with the Digital team to create paid social campaigns to increase total reach, attract new followers, and achieve conversions (email acquisition, donations, and product sales).
- Monitor analytics on individual posts and social platforms to watch for trends, identify what’s working and what’s not, and recommend changes to PLC’s social media strategy.
- Monitor and respond to comments and DMs, using an all-in-one social inbox app.
- Ensure every DM receives a personal response within one business day.
- Ensure every comment requiring a response receives one within one business day.
- Escalate comments and DMs to other staff as needed.
- Explore and test new strategies for expanding PLC’s social reach and engagement.
- Stay on top of social media trends and developments—including new tools, apps, platforms, algorithm changes, etc.
- Experiment with new platforms and types of content, in consultation with the Director of Communications and PR.
- Other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years experience in social media, marketing, and/or communications
- Prior experience managing social media platforms for a brand or organization
- Familiarity with social media management tools (e.g. Buffer, Hootsuite, CoSchedule).
- Understanding of and ability to leverage the relationship between SEO and social media.
- Superb writing skills
- Ability to collaborate seamlessly with a diverse, globally distributed team.
- Relentless curiosity and passion to experiment with different social media strategies.
- Basic photo editing skills
- Basic video editing skills (captioning, resizing, and shortening videos for different social platforms as needed)
- Experience using an all-in-one social media inbox, preferably Agorapulse.
- Understanding of the Storybrand framework