Strategic Development and Grants Officer
Preemptive Love Coalition serves on the frontlines of conflict: mending the wounds of war, while working to stop the next one before it starts by providing relief, jobs, and community.
The Strategic Development and Grants Officer will be responsible for earning the consideration of, and winning funding from major funding organizations. With vision and a “can do” mentality, they will leverage their existing network and aggressively pursue new leads, introducing Preemptive Love to new opportunities and applying for a variety of grant opportunities. Working alongside the Institutional Engagement Manager and reporting directly to the Director of Development, this role will bring new strategies and best practices to Preemptive Love that will contribute to growing our funding portfolio to include multiple $250K+ awards a year.
The Strategic Development and Grants Officer should bring exceptional grant writing experience and skill, an extensive funding network, and the internal drive to strategically pursue new relationships and new networks, pitching Preemptive Love’s mission and establishing new funding partnerships. A high level of team collaboration, drive, imagination, and the ability to raise Preemptive Love’s capacity in the area of grant funding and development is central to this role.
Location: US (Remote)
Manager: Director of Development
Hours: Full Time
- Champion and introduce Preemptive Love to new major funding organizations, elevating the brand/mission and cultivating invitations to apply for a range of $250k to multi-million dollar funding opportunities.
- Establish above relationships for potential long-term Preemptive Love engagement.
- Research, develop, write, and submit strategic and high potential grant proposals to new and existing funders.
- Peer edit proposals.
- Develop and establish best practices and templates that elevate Preemptive Love’s systematic approach to strategic development and grant writing.
- Work closely with Preemptive Love Programs Team to transform program activities into award-winning grant proposals.
- Steward donors through all stages of the grant life cycle.
- Collaborate on mid-year and end-of-year Preemptive Love impact reports.
- Track and store all grant processes in Salesforce.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Director of Development.
- Must have 5 years of grant development and writing experience
- Successful track record in applying for and acquiring competitive major grants
- Outstanding written/verbal communication and networking skills
- Flexible writing style with an ability to tailor content and style to most effectively communicate with funders
- Ability to work on a fast timeline, completing multiple projects at once under tight deadlines
- Proven track record working with little oversight, is self-motivated, flexible, and maintains a positive attitude
- Strong work-ethic, with the ability to work and be managed remotely
- Masters Degree in related field
- Basic visual design experience
- Experience with international development programs