Preemptive Love Coalition is a global peacemaking movement working to heal hearts across enemy lines. We do this primarily by working in polarizing conflict-zones. In Iraq and Syria, our portfolio of services include emergency aid and relief to families persecuted by terrorism and violence and micro-economic development programs that empower women and men to provide for their own families.
The Creative Director plays a critical role at Preemptive Love Coalition by managing the communication and integrity of the organization’s creative vision (both internally and externally) and building and managing key product and brand-based partnerships and relationships. The ideal person for this role is a self-starter who takes initiative, is entrepreneurial, a humble visionary, and is strong in leadership and brand management. They have experience planning, leading, and managing a consistent brand in every detail (comms, digital, shop, design, etc.) to increase the reliability of the entire organizational message. This role will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer, who plays a key role in defining the vision and direction for the organization.
Location: Atlanta, GA (preferred) / Remote locations considered
Manager: Chief Executive Officer
Position Level: Senior
Start Date: February 1, 2019 or sooner
- Partner with the CEO and Executive team to create brand vision
- Plan and implement brand expansion to thoughtfully and systematically increase donor pipeline and donor development (with Comms, Development, Digital Depts.)
- Plan and implement brand extensions (through product and partnerships) to thoughtfully increase and maximize omni-channel (refugee-made and message driven) product revenue (with Programs and Shop Depts.)
- Monitor brand extensions to balance consistency with capability across regional programs, production, and sales (with Programs and Shop Depts.)
- Plan and implement brand consistently across all PLC functions (balancing consistency with local capability and being aware of diminishing returns in pursuit of aesthetic perfection).
- Identify, plan, and manage brand partnership experiences and opportunities, building relationships and setting standards for strategic partnerships.
- Manage graphic design team
- Collaborate with Shop, Programs, Comms, and Digital teams to meet their design needs
- Represent the Design team at the leadership level
- Assist in planning for product direction and strategy
- Research market and assist in product curation
- Optimize staffing, workflow, and traffic among internal client/stakeholders and your team.
- 5-10 years of entrepreneurial business experience with product management and omni-channel retail
- 5-10 years of experience in brand management increasing brand reach through primary and subsidiary brand extensions
- Results-oriented with proven track record of planning, organizing, and leading both on-sight, remote, and mixed teams toward collective results (e.g. as part of a larger ecosystem).
- Experience building, motivating, and managing teams
- Strong team player with the ability to work independently
- Proven ability to work in a remote environment where almost all interaction is online or over the phone
- Physical and remote experience teaming with non-English speaking communities a plus
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- P&L experience a plus
- Experience with graphic design
- Bachelor’s Degree