Preemptive Love Coalition (PLC) is a global peacemaking movement working to heal hearts across enemy lines. We do this primarily by working in polarizing conflict zones, providing emergency aid to families persecuted by terrorism and violence, lifesaving medical care, and economic opportunities for displaced families.
The Web Developer is responsible for working with our Lead Web Developer / UX Manager to code and integrate the design / layout of both preemptivelove.org and preemptivelove.shop (as well as any future web domains not in existence), including site development, maintenance and ongoing optimization. This position also includes helping facilitate day to day administrative functionalities for PLC team members to edit and publish content in various channels. Individual must work closely with Lead Web Developer / UX Manager, Digital Director, Design team, Communications team, and Community Insights Manager to ensure that our “digital storefront” or our websites / web assets are always performing at the highest levels for both functionality and design.
Location: Nashville, TN preferred
Manager: Director of Digital
- Write well designed, efficient code by using standardized, best software development practices
- Create website layout/user interface by using excellent HTML/CSS practices
- Integrate data from various back-end services when necessary
- Gather and refine specifications and requirements based on technical needs
- Create and maintain software documentations
- Stay plugged into emerging technologies/industry trends and apply them into operations activities
- Cooperate with design team to match visual design intent with user experience across all devices
- Working in the spirit of the Preemptive Love Coalition team, strive to reach new heights of creativity and innovation within and without our status as a non-profit organization
- Any other tasks provided by Director of Digital in service of Preemptive Love Coalition
- At least one year proven working experience in web programming heavily focused on WordPress and possibly Shopify.
- Strong attention to detail and design; a natural eye for design patterns, balance, and color.
- Adequate knowledge of Sage by Roots, Liquid, Webpack, command line tools, relational database systems, object oriented programming, front-end development security.
- Aggressive problem / troubleshooting diagnostic skill and creative problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and team budgets with business acumen
- Ability to collaborate effectively and work as part of a team. Willing to listen and debate respectfully.
- Proven track record working with little oversight, is self-motivated, flexible and maintains a positive attitude
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills