OUR UNIQUE ROLE
Globally, there are virtually no other organizations doing what we do. Using the Common Ground Approach, we build, equip and support local teams to generate cooperation and trust-building between communities in conflict. The teams themselves are composed of people who come from across conflict lines.
Consider for a moment the power of being a multi-partial party. We are not “impartial” or “neutral” – in fact, we are just the opposite. As multi-partial we engage with all actors, all sides and believe that anyone can choose to play a role in building peace. Our colleagues are deeply connected to the people they are bringing together and are from these communities. This forms a powerful multi-partial team that advocates for the dignity of all community members.
If you missed it, this is our official statement.
How To Help
Your donation to the Middle East Emergency Fund supports the following critical impact areas:
WITHIN PALESTINE: PREVENTING VIOLENCE & SUPPORTING VULNERABLE POPULATIONS
- We are working with established partners to prevent the spread of violence in the West Bank and Jerusalem by providing critical psycho-social support, trauma healing, and recreational kits for youth from vulnerable populations.
- When the situation allows, we will expand these efforts to Gaza.
WITHIN ISRAEL: LEVERAGING PRE-EXISTING PARTNERSHIPS TO MOBILIZE INTER-COMMUNAL COOPERATION TO PREVENT VIOLENCE
- We are working with established partners to mobilize and prevent the spread of violence to the Jewish-Arab mixed cities where inter-communal violence shook the country in May 2021.
- Through partners, we are supporting the mobilization of an inter-communal “neighborhood watch” initiative in the city of Lod
- We are supporting dialogue between Muslim and Jewish religious leaders to coordinate their statements and actions to prevent further violence and reduce tensions.
BETWEEN ISRAEL AND PALESTINE: SUPPORTING EMERGENT WOMEN LEADERS
- We are supporting a burgeoning network of dynamic women leaders – including lawyers, activists, policy-advisors and peacebuilders – across the West Bank and Israel to advance joint advocacy and action plans. Their efforts are aimed at ending the current violence and asserting a stronger place for Palestinian and Israeli women in the policy-making and peacebuilding that will need to happen when this war ends.
ACROSS THE REGION: SEEKING TO INFLUENCE POLICY TO END & PREVENT THE SPREAD OF VIOLENCE
- Along with fellow members of the Alliance for Middle East Peace, which includes 170+ organizations committed to peace between Israel and Palestine, we are communicating with policy-makers via one-on-one meetings and through public statements urging an immediate cessation of violence and protection of all civilians.