Preemptive Love Coalition is a global peacemaking movement working to end war. We do this primarily by working in polarizing conflict zones, providing emergency relief to families persecuted by terrorism and violence and jobs for displaced families.
About Preemptive Love Welcome to the world’s most diverse community of peacemakers, Preemptive Love Coalition (PLC) stretches across Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, Afghanistan, Venezuela, Colombia, Mexico, and the United States to provide relief and leverage communities…
Hours: Full time, Contract
About Preemptive Love
Welcome to the world’s most diverse community of peacemakers, Preemptive Love Coalition (PLC) stretches across Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, Afghanistan, Venezuela, Colombia, Mexico, and the United States to provide relief and leverage communities through job creation and social innovation. We provide food, water, and medicine to those who need it most, while violence is still happening. We create jobs, providing capital for refugee families to start businesses, coaching and leveraging their success through creating connections to the global marketplace. At the center of everything we do–every food delivery–every family we serve–is the pursuit of peace between communities at odds.
About the team
The Marketing team is in a period of significant growth and is primarily focused on channel marketing to accelerate content developed by the Communications staff. The Director of Marketing will find and implement methods to leverage content to drive audience engagement, programming awareness and support fundraising goals.
The Marketing team works in partnership with Communications and Digital Studio Teams to create awareness for our global relief efforts, grow our donor base, drive traffic to the Preemptive Love Shop, and support Love Anyway Gatherings. This team manages all aspects of channel marketing, ensuring that content is distributed to the right audience at the right time through a variety of media including social media, performance marketing, email marketing, and marketing automation.
Essential Function: The Director of Marketing’s essential function is to build a team and implement a marketing strategic action plan in concert with fundraising goals to ensure financial viability for PLC’s programming. This experienced marketing leader has a deep understanding of digital marketing, excellent leadership skills, and experience in cultivating and mentoring a new team.
- Lead marketing strategy, accelerating engagement with the content developed by the Comms team through a rich omni-channel strategy.
- Lead and manage a remote team encompassing multiple time zones in US, Iraq, Lebanon, Mexico, Colombia, Venezuela and Ecuador
- Hire talent to create a best-in-class marketing engine, through automation, lifecycle marketing, social media, performance marketing, and more.
- Partner with the Director of Communications and PR to align strategic planning and support of Programming and Development teams.
- Collaborate with Development and Marketing Analytics to support monthly targets for generating donor revenue (one-time, monthly-returning, annual-returning) and optimize marketing to drive results.
- Work closely with Shop leadership to develop cross-audience opportunities around Jobs Programming and eCommerce and support monthly revenue goals.
- Collaborate with Gatherings Director to support Community initiatives including panels, workshops, and general marketing needs.
- Collaborate with CMO on incubator opportunities to grow Jobs Programming.
- Develop Lifecycle Marketing strategy to better segment our audience and automate communications for improving engagement and reduced churn.
- Identify key performance indicators and growth opportunities (channels, partnerships, technologies) that will expose new audiences to Preemptive Love and increase engagement.
- Create, implement and manage media guidelines and marketing toolkits.
- Provide monthly progress reports and quarterly reports (qualitative and quantitative)
- Additional duties as requested or assigned.
Competency—knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Excellent leadership skills, solution driven and innovative
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Exceptional collaborative skills and attention to detail
- Creative thinker with a data driven approach to decision making
- Strong organizational skills, and ability to manage multiple priorities at once
- Deep interest or experience with global humanitarian and relief work
- Awareness and interest in global news and issues
- Reliable access to high speed internet, and easy access to US-based platforms and tools:
- Google Analytics
- Google Tag Manager
- Google AdWords
- Campaign Monitor
- Salesforce CRM
- Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Salesforce Social Studio
- Facebook Business Manager
Required education and experience:
- BA/BS in _____ or relevant training or certification
- Minimum of 5 years in n leading a marketing team with demonstrable success indicators
- Deep expertise in Digital Marketing, with a demonstrable track record of success leading marketing strategy for organizations and revenue generation
- Experience building marketing teams and managing a diverse group of talent
- Strong preference will be given to candidates with: Marketing Cloud and general SalesForce experience, familiarity with Storybrand, and experience with journey mapping and SMS-based marketing approaches.
Language requirements: All applicants must have high level fluency in English.
Physical demands: None
Travel: Quarterly or Annual travel required / per request.
Additional eligibility qualifications:
- Experience with traditional marketing channels (print, direct mail, radio, OOH, etc)
- Growth hacker mentality – you like to try new things and aren’t afraid to fail.
- Second language (Spanish or Arabic) a plus
- Remote leadership experience
Affirmative action plan/equal employment opportunity (AAP/EEO) statement:
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. We strongly encourage and seek applications from people of color, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, women, men, bilingual and bicultural individuals, veterans, and members of other minority or marginalized groups. Please see Equal Employment Opportunity for more information. Both the organization and employee agree to comply with the zero tolerance policy for any type of abuse, harassment, molestation, intimidation, or sexual and labor exploitation.
Disclaimer of Other Duties: Additional duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice by direct supervisor based on organizational or programmatic priorities and goals.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. We strongly encourage and seek applications from people of color, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, women, men, bilingual and bicultural individuals, veterans, and members of other minority or marginalized groups. Please see Equal Employment Opportunity for more information.