Preemptive Love Coalition is a global peacemaking movement working to end war. We do this primarily by working in polarizing conflict zones, providing emergency relief to families persecuted by terrorism and violence and jobs for displaced families.
Reports to: Donor Care Manager Direct Report: None About Preemptive Love Welcome to the world’s most diverse community of peacemakers, Preemptive Love Coalition (PLC) stretches across Iraq, Syria, Venezuela, Colombia, Mexico, and the United States to provide…
Reports to: Donor Care Manager
Direct Report: None
About Preemptive Love
Welcome to the world’s most diverse community of peacemakers, Preemptive Love Coalition (PLC) stretches across Iraq, Syria, Venezuela, Colombia, Mexico, and the United States to provide relief, and leverage communities through job creation and social innovation. We provide food, water, and medicine to those who need it most, while violence is still happening. We create jobs, providing capital for refugee families to start businesses, coaching and leveraging their success through creating connections to the global marketplace. At the center of everything we do–every food delivery–every family we serve–is the pursuit of peace between communities at odds.
About the team
The development team is a community of driven and passionate fundraising and donor care professionals who create synergies between donors, prospects and the mission of Preemptive Love. We bring our individual experiences and expertise to walk alongside our current and future peacemaking community cultivating, maximizing, and stewarding their financial resources with the needs and development of the communities we serve, to stop the spread of violence.
Essential Function: The Donor Care Coordinator plays a crucial role in retaining and growing the Preemptive Love community through thanking donors, managing donor accounts, creating a welcoming donor experience, encouraging fundraisers and volunteers, and acting as the frontline to all who interface with the organization as donors, volunteers, workshop attendees, shoppers and inquirers.
- Ensure the highest level of donor experience through contact forms, email, phone, text, Drift chat on our website, and other programs and processes as required
- Support the Donor Care Manager to maintain and grow donor and volunteer experience with innovative tools, processes and creative engagement
- Remain informed on program updates so as to facilitate information to donors, volunteers, and inquirers accordingly
- Grow individual donor capacity for care and inclusion through the lens of peacemaking locally and globally
- Directly engage active and lapsed donors to increase belonging and identity, leading to increased retention and lifelong engagement
- Build and implement feedback loops that will help us listen closely to members of our community of peacemakers
- Brainstorming ways to refine thank you processes for donors
- Maintaining data integrity by updating donor and volunteer information on accounts in Salesforce as needed
- Form creative, unique, and engaging ways to work alongside peer-to-peer fundraisers, card-writing volunteers, and social media volunteers
- Strategize outreach to form partnerships with influencers and businesses
- Additional duties as requested
Competency—knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Passion for the vision, values, work, and culture of Preemptive Love
- Ability to communicate in a welcoming way with people from diverse backgrounds with perspectives that are different than your own, introducing them to opportunities to increase their capacity for care and inclusion
- Proven ability to operate in a self directed, remote work environment
- Interest and desire to learn how to become an impactful development professional
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Detail and process oriented
- Proficient in the use of Google Suite programs and ability to use Salesforce
- Experience working with little oversight and high output
- Self motivated and able to maintain a positive attitude
- Ability to prioritize, multitask, and follow through
- Able to maintain confidentiality
Required education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Business, Social Work, or related field or proven work experience
- Proven skills and experience in donor relations and/or customer service
Language requirements: Fluent in English.
Physical demands: None
Additional eligibility qualifications:
- Spanish or Arabic as a second language.
Affirmative action plan/equal employment opportunity (AAP/EEO) statement:
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. We strongly encourage and seek applications from people of color, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, women, men, bilingual and bicultural individuals, veterans, and members of other minority or marginalized groups. Please see Equal Employment Opportunity for more information. Both the organization and employee agree to comply with the zero tolerance policy for any type of abuse, harassment, molestation, intimidation, or sexual and labor exploitation.
Disclaimer of Other Duties: Additional duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice by direct supervisor based on organizational or programmatic priorities and goals.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. We strongly encourage and seek applications from people of color, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, women, men, bilingual and bicultural individuals, veterans, and members of other minority or marginalized groups. Please see Equal Employment Opportunity for more information.