Preemptive Love Coalition is a global peacemaking movement working to end war. We do this primarily by working in polarizing conflict zones, providing emergency relief to families persecuted by terrorism and violence and jobs for displaced families.
About Preemptive Love Coalition – Welcome to the world’s most diverse community of peacemakers, Preemptive Love Coalition (PLC) which stretches across Iraq, Syria, Venezuela, Colombia, Mexico, and the United States where PLC provides relief and…
Hours: May 2022 - November 2022
Location: Bogotá, Colombia
Manager: LATAM Regional Director
About Preemptive Love Coalition –
Welcome to the world’s most diverse community of peacemakers, Preemptive Love Coalition (PLC) which stretches across Iraq, Syria, Venezuela, Colombia, Mexico, and the United States where PLC provides relief and leverages communities through community building, job creation and social innovation. We provide food, water, and medicine to those who need it most, in the face of violence and while it is still happening. PLC provides capital for refugee families to start businesses, as well as providing coaching and leveraging their success through job-creation and connections to the global marketplace. At the center of everything we do–every food delivery–every family we serve–is the pursuit of peace between communities at odds.
About the Programs Team –
The Programs Team is a comprised group of committed, talented and diverse individuals who are passionate about community outreach and listening to those who are most in need. Serving at the frontlines presents many obstacles which the team is able to manage and/or address in creative, solution-driven and resourceful ways. We value the different experiences and perspectives of the people we serve and team, which is what enhances the meaningful and equitable impact PLC makes.
Scope of Work—
- Conduct program evaluation and report success indicators, program impact, key findings, opportunities, and challenges to be addressed.
- Project oversight and internal communication support for the Program Officers, Project Support Officers, and other contractors.
- Consult with the line manager and any stakeholder regarding planning, approvals, and execution of projects/initiatives.
- Participate in programmatic strategy development and process new ideas to meet business growth needs identified in coordination with respective line managers.
- Design data collection framework and identify analysis methodology.
- Create a program budget, including a labor budget, in collaboration with the program manager.
- Conduct program impact presentations and provide updates internally and externally.
- Participate in volunteer activities when possible.
- Make regular visits to program locations to Riohacha, La Guajira and Cúcuta, Norte de Santander to conduct project management, monitoring and evaluation for reporting purposes.
- Create and submit monthly program impact progress reports to the internal team and to the Regional manager, including media and field reports to ensure quality programming. Including dynamic presentations.
- Identify and make recommendations on key partnerships/ relationships and programming opportunities with local partners, while communicating all the needs and challenges with transparency to management.
- Define exit strategy for programs or projects that did not prove viable or successful.
- Submit quarterly or annual program evaluation, including key performance indicators, key findings and recommendations.
Competency—knowledge, skills and abilities.
- Project management and excellent reporting track record.
- Financial administration, including proper cash handling, cash reconciliation, and receiving and processing banking transactions.
- Proficiency level written/reading/spoken Spanish.
- Proficiency level written/reading/spoken English.
- Experience with the NGO sector in Colombia.
- Experience working with and on behalf of communities facing hardships.
- Excellent stakeholder agreement, financial administration, customer service, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work on a fast timeline and on highly variable topics.
- Proven track record working with little oversight, self-motivated, flexible, positive, and solution-driven.
- Strong work professional ethic, with the ability to work remotely.
- Ability to travel is essential, and a valid passport is required.
Tech Knowledge Requirements—knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Experience with project management software (i.e. Salesforce)
- Experience with a wide range of IT applications (i.e. Google Suite)
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate against candidates on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. We strongly encourage and seek applications from people of color, people with disabilities, LGBTQ+ individuals, women, men, bilingual and bicultural individuals, veterans, and members of other minority or marginalized groups. Please see Equal Employment Opportunity for more information.