Preemptive Love Coalition is a global movement of peacemakers working to heal hearts across enemy lines. We do this primarily by working in polarizing conflict-zones, providing emergency aid and relief to families persecuted by terrorism and violence; supporting communities in rebuilding after conflict; and providing micro-economic development programs that empower women and men to provide for their own families with dignity and confidence.
This position is responsible for supporting all programming information across Preemptive Love Coalition. This position will have direct oversight by the Syria Partner Programs Manager but will have responsibilities and interactions with all Iraq and Syria Program Managers.
Location: Mobile/Home work environment – US based; South Bend, IN preferred
Manager: Syria Partner Programs Manager; will work closely with all PLC Program Managers
The Programs Coordinator role has four primary objectives that support the overall mission of Preemptive Love Coalition: 1) helping to collect, organize, and share program information; 2) utilizing program data and field stories to effectively communicate program impact; 3) growing and developing stronger relationships with our implementing partners through quick, responsive communication, and; 4) brand growth through professional writing.
Everything should be written to improve the Preemptive Love brand by being both useful to our community and relevant to our mission. Each word we share publicly is a contribution to our organizational experience—our brand. We strive to be known for our professionalism, generosity, transparency, insightfulness, friendliness, fairness, humility, and of course, for great content. Programs communication is no exception. We want to engage our partners, donors, decision makers, and influencers, with emotive stories that illustrate program impact. We want to empower our funders to effectively communicate with their stakeholders how they contribute to our impact.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Work closely with Manager and other PLC program staff, as necessary, to manage the flow of all programming information to and from program partners and PLC staff, including:
- Triaging and archiving incoming information from the field
- Summarizing meetings
- Sharing photos
- Reviewing all information uploaded to program info database for inclusion in weekly update
- Sending out weekly program updates to the PLC team, which include up-to-date high level impacts, talking points on current programs, quick and engaging stories for use in outward facing communications
- Creating progress reports as needed
- Updating program databases with recent programming activity
- Ensuring accuracy of information across platforms (Salesforce/Airtable/Intaact/Libris/etc.)
- Communicate with and report impact to UN or other INGOs as appropriate
- Respond to specific programming information requests from PLC staff
- Communicate with implementing partners and PLC field staff as appropriate
- Coordinate with the communications and development team to:
- Contribute to the development, writing, and submission of impact and annual reports to institutional and individual major donors
- Collaboratively facilitate, review, and edit impact reports, including working with graphic design to ensure appropriate visual representation of written materials
- Communicate program impact in the form of periodic blog posts and email blasts
- Contribute to grant application process—including utilizing program data, writing, designing, and editing—as needed
- Contribute to active organizational and program “template” documents to facilitate future grant writing and impact reporting
- Potential management of intern(s) or other programming team temporary employees